Today was fairly ordinary, with one very profitable exception.
I woke up, ate an omelette, had a cappuccino, and booked a quick phone call with a prospective client for 13:00 this afternoon.
By 15:00 my Stripe account had an extra $12,997 dollars in it thanks to a wonderful conversation with a Lawyer in Chicago.
This lawyer, whom we will call John for the sake on anonymity here, is a great example of why you should be offering Offline consulting as part of your business.
If you take the time to learn a skill that’s valuable for Internet Marketing;
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Email Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- & dozens of others…
You should also realize that the skill you’ve taken the time to learn, is of value to almost ANY number of “brick-and-mortar” businesses out there that you can think of – and some you never thought possible (I once sold a social media package to an “Equine Psychologist” – whom was a self-professed horse whisperer)
Such is the case with John above, and here’s the exact funnel John went through to become my client:
- I ran a Facebook ad targeting small firm Personal Injury Lawyers in Chicago
- John saw the ad, clicked it, and joined my list because he wanted to download my lead offer – “19 Ways Injured People Search for a Lawyer in 2017”
- After sending him emails as part of my autoresponder series over 14 days, he completed a form on my website requesting an assessment of his marketing
- I completed the assessment with him over the phone over a 60min call and booked a follow-up call to discuss how my company would change some of the agreed-upon weak points of his current marketing.
- During the next phone call we spoke about some of the things my company can offer and I proposed a $15,000 contract.
- During some emails aback and forth we agreed to change the fee for certain objects, and got it down to $12,997 USD.
- He completed payment today.
That was really it. No hard sales. No cold calls. Just an ad, a couple of conversations, and a few emails – done.
John and my team will work together for the next 6mths, and as we get closer to that 6mth period we will discuss the items that can be renewed (approx. $8000 can be renewed – the rest is one-time design charges)
Learn a skill in demand, tell people you do it, profit. Regardless of what people tell you – it really is that simple.
If you’d like to hear more about offline consulting leave a comment below and I will breakdown more of my funnel and business for you all.